- For information on the structure and making of mods, see modding
A Mod, short for modification, is an alteration of the game files to change the game's functionality.
Make sure that your mod contains a good description of what it does, as well as having a good front page image. Mods that are lacking in presentation may be removed to ensure that quality mods are not being drowned out by low effort submissions.
The folder that stores mods for the game is
...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod\
~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron IV/mod/
~/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron IV/mod/
Manually downloaded mods should include a .mod text file along with a folder. If so, the files can simply be dropped into the mod folder. If one is downloading a newer version of a mod they already have installed, one should remove the older files first.
Mods with Wiki pages
- Wiki pages for modifications are the responsibility of the modification team, not the Paradox wiki team
- Cold War: The Iron Curtain
- Equestria At War
- HOI4 ULTRA (Historical Industry Project)
- Non Plus Ultra
- RPM for HOI4 - Realistic Progression Mod
- Ultima Ratio Patriarum
- Victoria 2 to Hearts of Iron IV converter
- Winter Wars: A Scandinavian Expansion